Saturday, December 19, 2009

Help! What's wrong with our TV?

Tonight I bought an old Nintendo system from an old friend. Yes, an original Nintendo, and some games too! I got Super Mario/Duck Hunt, Super Mario 3, Tetris, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Fun times.

I brought the Nintendo home with the intention to hook it up to the living room TV, but because the TV is 6 years old, it's one of those enormously clunky ones that take up half the floorspace in the room. After about a minute of trying to move the damn thing to get behind, I gave up and decided to take the Nintendo upstairs to the sexy new 42 inch in our bedroom. Let me tell you, my old friend Mario has never looked as hot as he does on our new TV.

(Ok, I have to take a moment to rave about the TV. I love it. Seriously, I watched my Lost DVD's on it a few months ago and it looked amazing. Even more amazing than it did on the boring old downstairs TV. I was up every night until 4 AM until I'd watched the entire series.)

Anyway, I played with the Nintendo for a while as Tom watched, then we came back downstairs to make some tea. Tom turned on the living room TV to check the hockey score, and...

Of course, the colour was all effed up. Something happened when I was trying to move the damn thing. Anyone have any idea what I can do about it? I don't want to spend a fortune getting it fixed, since it's kind of dated anyway. But I also don't want to buy a new one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment