Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things Cheryl Hates, Volume Two

Ok, I can admit it. I'm a huge, huge, HUGE fan of "Lost." Of course, there are plenty of things to hate about the show. Many of the characters are annoying, the story rarely makes any kind of sense at all, and just when you think it's all leading somewhere, they hit a time warp and end up at the beginning again, just to name a few. I enjoy the show immensely, despite all of these things.

Here's my rant of the day. It really annoys me that for the past season or so, the character formally known as "Sawyer" is now called "James." Yes, I understand that the character's official name was always James Ford, and that Sawyer was a nickname. But every other character called him Sawyer in every single episode until around the end of season 4. Why do they now call him James?

That's bad writing. Once a character is established, the name used until that point is that character's name. There's no changing it!

I also miss the former awesomeness of the character. I used to sit in front of the TV and wait for Sawyer to come on, because I wanted to see which book he would be reading. Funniest moment of the entire series: Sawyer sitting on the beach, mismatched glasses on his face, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, by Judy Bloom in his hand. ROFL!

Also, in previous seasons he didn't go through a scene without giving someone a hilarious nickname. He does that less often now. :-(

End Rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment