Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Your Trusty DD

After a fabulous evening of Improv-ing last night, the bunch of us went out to drink. OK, I didn't drink because I had to drive (and I will take this opportunity to grudgingly give Christine one point in the great Car vs. Subway debate). I sat and chatted while everyone else drank.

It's OK, I don't need to drink in order to have fun. I'm not seventeen anymore, after all. *Sigh*

Anyway, a guy we know, Ming (cool guy, I like Ming) told us that he doesn't know who John Candy was. Of course, we all jumped down his throat and screamed things like "What do you mean you don't know John Candy??? Uncle Buck, Canadian Bacon, Cool Runnings!!!"

Ming is an immigrant to Canada (I think he said he's from China), and he's lived her for, like, years and years. 20 years, he might have said. Don't quote me.

What's my point, you ask? I'm so very glad you did ask!

Clearly Canadian broadcasting is sadly lacking if people can live here for such a long time and not encounter any of his work. Why are John Candy's movies not on TV more often? Why is SCTV no longer on? Everyone who lives in this country should know John Candy. He was a Canadian icon. I'm sad about this.

Maybe I'll write a letter to...somebody. The Comedy Network?

This will require more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment