Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baguley 4 Mayor...of Farmville!

Municipal elections are coming up! Who is excited?

OK, so it's not a terribly exciting topic. But I want to talk about how my vote was swayed by a good deed.

I decided early on NOT to vote for Barb Baguley for Mayor. She's run and lost before, and last time there was a vicious rumour that she was on board with the idea that Innisfil should become a part of Barrie. But the thing that cemented my plans to NOT vote for her was simply her signage:

"Baguley 4 Mayor" with a lovely, giant, airbrushed of her looking like a corpse. I've seen much nicer air brushing jobs on "Six Feet Under" reruns. And I'm sorry, but when a person is running for political office, any printed literature sent out should act as a resume. Would you ever intentionally misprint a word on your resume? I'm not sure whether she saved two cents per sign by cutting two characters on each one, or if she thought replacing the word "for" with the number would come across as trendy. This is not twitter, Barb Baguley. You're not sending a text message. If you were running for Mayor of Farmville, you might have some kind of reasonable campaign here.

So, by default I decided to vote for Gord Wauchope (even though his wife is a total cow. She was the worst teacher I ever had, back is grades two and three.)

I have a friend who has diabetes. Last week he was about half an hour away from home without his medication. With no warning, he found himself with a big medical emergency. His blood sugar dropped to a dangerous level, and he needed his meds right away. He asked a police officer for help and she refused him. He began to panic.

Gord Wauchope happened to drive by at just the right time. He pulled over and picked up my friend, and then took him home to his medicine. The next day I requested a Gord Wauchope for Mayor lawn sign.

My vote is concrete now. Yay for good deeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment