Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm excited. And exhausted.

For the past month the HPA has been competing in the Chase Community Giving contest, AKA HPAFTW. The entire staff, plus a temp staff of, like, a bagilion people, worked every day to get votes from friends and family. This past week a team of us worked insanely long hours to get the attention of fansites, celebrities with twitter accounts, Youtubers, anyone and everyone we could think of.

The contest ended this morning at midnight. I practically flew my vehicle back from Uxbridge in order to be here for the end. WE WON!

This wasn't luck. We won this contest, against 500 other Non Profits, because of great planning, management, and the support of LOTS of amazing people.

If you voted for us, thank you. And, although I'm sure they won't read this, thanks to everyone who posted on their websites.

And to the team of awesome, fun, full of DOUBLE RAINBOWS people I've worked closely with this past week.

Now I'm on to my next project. I'm going to be doing the play "Noises Off" in Uxbridge this fall. I'm playing Brooke, and yes, I will be going blonde and appearing onstage very scantily dressed. If you know the play, I'm sure you can imagine that it'll be challenging. Looking forward to doing elaborate stunts dressed in next to nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment