Saturday, April 3, 2010

I have a super quick thing to blog about. I'll keep it short. I promise!

The non profit organization I work for is in the process of redistributing everyone into teams, so that we can each become experts in a certain field. I'm the Team Leader for Fandom Research, and tonight we had our first team meeting.

It was stressful, because we're at the very beginning of setting up a brand new area of work. It's hard to know where to start, right fresh with no existing goals. Everybody with their own expectations, but no real idea of what we're doing.

I was responsible for running the meeting, because I'm the leader. At the time, I felt like I was struggling through. I had made a list of things to talk about, of course, but I was trying to find a starting point for the group. You know? When you're about to take on a massive project, it's hard to know where to start. I felt...weird about it. Like, I wasn't sure whether or not it was going well.

After the meeting, the lovely team member who volunteered to take notes sent me the meeting minutes. As I read them, I felt WAY better about the whole situation. Looking back, the meeting was actually well organized, and we even managed to end it with a short term goal in place, as well as a slightly longer term goal! What more could I ask for?

My moment of insecurity is over. I'm back to feeling awesome again. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment